Autor Thema:  anti grav demo model  (Gelesen 6286 mal)

Offline Beork

• Ensign
    • Rusting lump of plastic
Re:anti grav demo model
« Antwort #25 am: 09. Oktober 2011, 14:57:52 »
The Event horizon warp thing is awesome, but a bit hard to replicate in a 40mm pingpong....
I thought it would look top futuristic for ma.k, which is more retro dieselpunk like in look ( to me at least)

I wish there was a nice big plastic model of the event horizon.... beautiful ship that.

Offline struschie

• Fach-Moderator
  • Vize Admiral
  • Strahl Demokratische Republik
« Antwort #26 am: 31. Oktober 2011, 22:18:34 »
Hey Ethan, any time for updates?

Offline Beork

• Ensign
« Antwort #27 am: 01. November 2011, 06:46:56 »
No :(
Little time for modelling, I'm writing up two articles and supervising a student, costing more time than I'd like.

Maybe later this week I'll have some time

Offline struschie

• Fach-Moderator
  • Vize Admiral
« Antwort #28 am: 01. November 2011, 06:58:07 »
No need for hurry! I know these guys willing to learn everything and daring to ask every aspect three times a day  :0

Offline Beork

• Ensign
« Antwort #29 am: 01. November 2011, 19:59:26 »
And making many mistakes, being very unsure of themselves (leading to more mistakes), not grasping the idea of the project fully, leading to misunderstandings and strange questions.

It's very educational though, learning to explain stuff in a better way, good for organizing my thoughts.

Today was his first succesfull experiment, after a few where he made mistakes grave enough to make the experiments useless, well except for the learning part that is.

No time tonight, have to prepare a presentation and a meeting, same tomorrow, maybe in the weekend :S

Offline struschie

• Fach-Moderator
  • Vize Admiral
« Antwort #30 am: 01. November 2011, 20:25:52 »
Good points there. Learning to explaine things from ground up or a least in the near of the others baseline is essential. Also in communication with 'better payed opinions' (though here a lack of Detail is also neccessary :lol: )

I may have asked...: What is your Job exactly?

Offline Beork

• Ensign
« Antwort #31 am: 02. November 2011, 07:35:38 »
I'm a promovendus (PhD candidate/student/whatever) in the field of clinical chemistry (with a large overlap in pharmaco-genomics and pharmacology).
Part of this function is teaching (not much though, we don't do lectures, just trainees)

I'm researching the correlation between the levels and distribution of methotrexate polyglutamates (the metabolites of methotrexate in the body, methotrexate is the most used anti-rheumatic drug) in red (and white) blood cells to the efficacy of treatment. Hopefully we will be able to set up a prediction model for efficacy based on a correlation.
We'll also look at genetic determinants.

Two years and two months into it now, used most of that time to set-up a method of measuring the target molecules (there was no method yet :S )
So now I'm writing two articles about the methods I developed, which are both hopefully accepted by the end of the year. Then on to measuring a few thousand samples and finding correlation.

Offline struschie

• Fach-Moderator
  • Vize Admiral
« Antwort #32 am: 02. November 2011, 08:12:18 »
Very interesting and meaningfull field of research!
Wanna know what? You'll find genetic determination. If you need twins to join your field test, I know 'em
lol
;)

Offline Beork

• Ensign
« Antwort #33 am: 02. November 2011, 16:42:40 »
Is that a fledgeling Dr. Mengele I hear there?   :P

I'm not too sure about the genetic determination, at least not so much for the prediction model, there seems to be a genetic contribution to response (and also adverse events) but literature is contradicting and metabolites seem to overrule genetic factors... We'll see in a year, I'll have them all measured then and than I can begin with correlations.

Also modern genetics also don't need twins that much anymore, we have DNA baby!

Offline struschie

• Fach-Moderator
  • Vize Admiral
« Antwort #34 am: 02. November 2011, 16:50:06 »
OK - so me and my brother don't need to come up there - that's fine ;)
Any updates on the topic? ;D

Offline Beork

• Ensign
« Antwort #35 am: 02. November 2011, 19:13:14 »
You're a twin? I didn't know (or see any identicaltwin fotos :P).

You can always visit, no problem, no german beer in the house though, we swear by Hertog Jan (dutch brand)

No updates, first preparing a presentation for a course, and need to modify my article so I can send it to co-authors next week, and family time and such :S
Maybe this weekend...