Autor Thema: Ma.K. inspiriert Falke 'Modified' My 'Redux' Version  (Gelesen 11160 mal)

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
Ma.K. inspiriert Falke 'Modified' My 'Redux' Version
« am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:01:52 »
Hi all. I am just going to show you all the wip and the finished model all in one go. I had completed this some time ago. Another sci-fi build in the making.  This is Falke model from Hasegawa I bought very cheap, considering what it is worth. I have seen this model many a times on the internet. When I was at a model show, I noticed someone was selling it for cheap and I could not resist the temptation to get it. Now, I just bought it to use whatever parts that may be of use, to use in kit bashing. But then, I decided to modify the kit further. View the images and read what I did:

1.     The red lines and circles represent the areas I chopped off with a hand saw. The engine was made to sit onto the internal side walls by the help of side by 90-degree brackets on the engine. There is only one disadvantage to this design. The engine has to be mounted before painting. This is because, you would not be able to mount the engine after you mount both halves of the fuselage. This only makes it difficult to paint the engine. But of course, you will have to mask the entire engine before you can paint the fuselage. I though this idea did not sit right with me. So I removed it. This way, I can mount the fuselage, and do all the painting I want, and finally mount the rear engine back into the rear slot.

-----------------------------------

« Letzte Änderung: 21. Januar 2018, 14:01:42 von TWN »

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
Re: Falke 'Modified' My 'Redux' Version
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:02:57 »
More modification done to the side engines.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:03:47 »
More detailing on the side engines. Added bits and pieces from other models and some.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:04:39 »
I decided to add details to the cockpit, since it is pretty plain when you first get the kit. Adding details to the cockpit is pretty much useless. That's because, many of the details will not be seen once the pilot is inserted into the seat. So all what I'm doing is pretty much useless. Yet I still do it. ;) I added whatever bits & pieces I can find from my 'Misc. Box of parts, which has lots of spare parts left over from many old and new kits, I have purchased.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:05:09 »
I have managed to paint the cockpit and the details. This has to be done before you mount both halves of the model. That is why I am doing all the painting and detail now, because it would not be accessible after mounting.

Primed:

Painted:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:06:06 »
I have also added the pilot's instrument panel. I painted it black and dried brushed it with silver. Then I added the decals. I kinda messed up and cut out a piece of the decal. It took a while to get the decals to fit. But that little cut will not be so prominent when it is placed in the cockpit.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #6 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:06:47 »
I worked on the hatch by adding bits & pieces just like I did to the cockpit. I like the detailing, which always brings out the characteristics of a model.

Offline Wabie

• Commander
  • Ihr da Ohm, macht doch Watt ihr Volt.
« Antwort #7 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:07:31 »
Hello Tiking,

very interesting, because I like to stay tuned. :thumbup:

:respekt: great work  :thumbup:

MfG Stefan     

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #8 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:08:37 »
Hello Tiking,

very interesting, because I like to stay tuned. :thumbup:

Thank you. But you will soon see the end of this build as I have already completed it. :)

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:08:53 »
Now it is unto the figure building and painting. The figure is not the best  but since half of the body is going to be hidden within the cockpit, I am not so concern. I used putty to fill in the gaps and ONLY areas that were going to be seen. As I will not be painting the lower legs and the back of the figure,as these areas will not be seen. I also left the feet off the body, as they will definitely not be seen when the figure is in the cockpit.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #10 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:09:37 »
The figure painted and mounted in the cockpit. I used Citadel paints to paint the figure. I added a decal from an old aircraft kit, I had lying in my 'box of tricks'. The kit's decal is a little tough to get it to sit. So if you are going to build this kit, make sure you lay a good coat of gloss on the surface of the area you are going to put decals on. I think I am satisfied with the look.Hope you guys are too. Now I can glue the two halves of the craft together and continue unto the exterior part.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #11 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:10:38 »
Ok. I have now primed and painted the hatch and it's details, and a little weathering. The green reflective screen was made by a filtertype film card I had over from my 'box of tricks'. I thought it would add a nice realistic touch to the hatch's middle screen/monitor square area.

The screen for the middle monitor:

The green filter film I used for the monitor:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #12 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:11:45 »
I have now glued the two halves together but if you look below, you will see that it did not go together at first. I was forced to glue the rear half first, then used a clamp to hold down the front end of the cockpit section so it would be able to glue together. I left it for a day just to be sure. I used super glue for this, as to be sure it will not come apart. I have heard about the two halves not mashing up correctly.

----------------------------------

Below pic shows two wheel rims I will used to connect the two side engines of the Falke, I sawed off in the in the beginning stages of the build. This will act as a support mount to attach the engines. I added styrene piece to the seams of the rims to better hide it. I think it looks good. The equal distance of the small round holes , gives a it a nice look too. Now, I have been contemplating to use magnets for attaching the engines. The advantage, is that I can attach the engines whenever I like and remove them, whenever I feel like. Also, it makes it easier to adjust them so they are level. I will dwell a little more.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #13 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:15:33 »
Now, since removing the side engines, I have a big opening to fill up. So I decided, I will add odds and ends to give the impression of a busy looking internal machinery. This is how the opening looks like now:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I will try and put most of all these 'odds & ends', into that space:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #14 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:16:14 »
...and the results so far:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #15 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:16:53 »
This is how the rear engine cavity looks with the engine. Since I have removed the mounting bracket s from on the rear engine, it slides into the slot with ease.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #16 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:17:40 »
The underside of the Falke. If you remembered, I sawed off the dome that was where that big hole is right now. I could have let it stayed in all honesty, but I have a thing about a flat base under a craft, when it comes to pods or anti gravitational vehicles. It does not look right in my eyes. But that's just me. ;)

The black ring below, was taken from an old 1/35 vehicle kit:

I will be detailing this a bit to give it the robust look:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #17 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:18:27 »
Here are some updates. Added quiet a few extra details to the external empty slot. Many of the original parts had to be reused in other areas as the original points were already taken up by my other home made parts. See the pics below:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #18 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:19:36 »
I added several different parts to the undercarriage of the craft. The flat angular piece is from a LAV kit. As you can see, I removed the original dome(anti-gravity) part that was originally there. As I explained in my very first post, I used a hand saw to remove it. I added a flat ring piece and will add another flat piece to cover the hole.

---------------------------------

The first pic shows the gun canister or barrel(unsure), Now since I added the wheel rims, it has taken up space to where the original parts were suppose to go, according to the instructions. So I had to had a strip of styrene to cover the holes, so it would be easier to glue the piece in the same space.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #19 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:22:13 »
Klasse, da bleibe ich dran  8)

Thank you. I had to  put your text in google translator. ;)

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #20 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:23:11 »
Added a n old mortar canister. I thought it looked cool and fitted in just right.

---------------------------------

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #21 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:23:40 »
I decided to experiment with another artillery to give this craft a different look than the original gun that came with the kit. I managed to find an old WWII artillery gun in my 'Misc. Box'. So I devised a mount that will make it look the part. I call this, 'The Clunk Buster'. Just remember where you heard it first. ;)

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #22 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:24:10 »
I added more details to the piece. Will add a couple more:

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #23 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:25:19 »
Added several small details to make the artillery more intricate:

-------------------------------------

The overall look of the parts added to the pod and rear engine so far. I am going to work on the rear engine to make it look a little more complex, but not too much. Although this is an advance craft, it is still has somewhat-modern, technical and mechanical parts.

Offline tiking

• Ensign
    • One Step Further
« Antwort #24 am: 20. Januar 2018, 18:26:35 »
Now, more work done on the Falke. I decided that this build will only be a project for the Falke and therefore will be no diorama. This is simply because I want to start on my next project, which will involve another truck diorama(yeah, I know, no surprise...;) ). Also, because, I cannot seem to come up with a suitable diorama for it. I do have an idea of how it should be, but I just cannot get around putting it together. On top of that, I am not so inspired to do a sci-fi diorama. But maybe that will change in the near future. So, I will finish up this build and be done with it. 

Here we go:

I started to detail the engine. As you can see, it is 'OK' with just the original detailing, but it still needs more to give it more life:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I started adding bits of plastic cards and parts from various kits, taken from my 'Misc. Box of tricks'. You can see how all the exra details add life to the simple engine: